Arc Flash Studies
Process Plus conducts Arc Flash Studies to ensure the safety of your personnel and your company’s compliance with NEC 110.16, OSHA, and NFPA 70E Standards for your power distribution system.
In addition to complying with these standards, your company will receive Single Line drawings and hazard labels printed for your low and medium voltage equipment enclosures based on the results of the study. We will conduct training of qualified persons or a formal review of the recommendations and findings with your technical team to demonstrate how to effectively use the study for system troubleshooting and planning.
- Calculate incident energy and arc flash boundaries following the NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584 Standards.
- A computer model of the electrical system developed in SKM Systems Analysis Powertools is used to simulate the power in the system under study.
- The model provides accurate calculations of fault interrupting duties in accordance with the latest American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Arc Flash Powertools automatically determine trip times from protective device settings and arcing fault current values.
- Standard assumptions are used for device models of overcurrent protective devices that are not readily available from the Plant field survey.
- Similar feeder arrangements and combination starters will be grouped and modeled one time to produce the calculations for the generation of Arc Flash Hazard Labels.
- Identify needed Personal Protection Equipment.
Schedule an Arc Flash Study Today
Call John Koehler at e-mail him.or